The Mendips is full of great pubs, from traditional boozers, to modern family friendly, food orientated venues. Here’s five of livemendips.co.uk favourites (in no particular order!)
- The Plough, Wrington. Extended and thoroughly renovated several years ago now, The Plough offers a good variety of food and ales, served in a lovely village setting. Family friendly and with a boules piste in the garden.
- Off the beaten track, yet moments from the main A38, the Crown Inn at Churchill is a hidden gem. Beers served straight out of the barrel behind the bar and traditional pub grub served lunchtimes only. Lovely garden for those summer days and evenings.
- The Michelin Star award winning Pony and Trap should be on the list of any great pubs in the area. As you’d imagine, the food is wonderful, but it’s equally nice to visit if you’re just after a quiet drink in fabulous surroundings. A good wine list and Butcombe beer on tap.
- The Swan at Wedmore is an upmarket pub & restaurant with rooms. Great for a special occasion, Sunday lunch, or just to chill out with a glass of wine and one of their top notch bar-snacks.
- The Queen Victoria Inn, Priddy, is a traditional country pub serving traditional “pub grub”. Near the summit of the Mendip hills this is popular with walkers, cyclists and families and even has a fantastic Play Fort in the garden to keep the kids amused.